A field researcher in the West Bank
• Short-term work on a human rights project
• Varying workload at different times during the project
• Outreach and communication with individuals and families living in the West Bank
• Identifying stories relevant to Gisha's work: the impact of Israeli restrictions on freedom of movement and on family ties
• Identifying suitable interviewees for the project and conducting interviews
• Assisting in the production of photography sessions
• Arabic as a native language
• Fluent English OR Hebrew (speaking, reading and writing)
• Ability to travel in the West Bank
• Strong communication skills (in order to conduct outreach and interviews with individuals and families and to prepare reports)
• Flexibility with work hours and availability
• Ability to network and build new connections
• Photographic skills and talent (an advantage)
• Experience in journalistic work (an advantage)
Please submit applications by November 10, 2013.
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter in English OR Hebrew to email@example.com with the words, "Field researcher" in the subject line.
We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.